Pages

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Those Fucking Kittens

I am flat hunting again. Which is a pain in the arse. One of my flatmates is moving out and Sophie and I don't have anyone to replace her with. I've got a few friends coming back from their years abroad but honestly, despite them being very lovely people, I couldn't live with them. So Sophie and I are going to have to head out into the big wide world all on our lonesomes.

I'm quite excited, actually. I get bored very, very easily and I mean, I've been in this flat for 6 months now... So surely it's time for a change? Really, I'm just hoping we can find somewhere that will let us have a cat. I am so jealous of anyone living with a pet at the moment. Especially in Winter. Winter's just the time you want to curl up with a warm fluffy being.

I messaged LB to ask if he knew of any 2 bed flats going free. Calm your pants, he's leaving this year so I assumed most of his friends would also be leaving. Not that I was after his flat. That'd be a bit too weird. It's weird he's leaving too. I mean, in 4 months, I'll never see him again - not even to bump into in the street. Which I know will be a relief - my conscious mind may be over him but that subconscious.... I don't know. I think it might be quite hard to get used to the fact that he'll be properly gone. Is that weird? Is that stupid?

It's such an odd feeling for me. Being a little bit in love with someone still. Only a tiny bit. But LB and I were just talking about cats and how you wouldn't need anything else in your life once you had a cat. He was saying how he had to miss out going back home to look after his kittens because he had a lecture he couldn't skip. Which may have reminded me of a picture of him that came up on my Facebook newsfeed the other day... Of him holding 2 kittens... Which I then had to go and look at again... Which then meant I had to go through some of his other photos... And mentally berate the stupid short blonde who I am 90% sure he used to date and who is in ALL of his photos... And...


And now I'm eating doughnuts, waiting for a pizza to arrive and planning a night out with Sophie to get white girl wasted.

Baby steps, right? You can't just get over someone in... 2 months...

God, I frustate myself, I really do.


Bonus kittens to make me feel better.
Look at those adorable fucking faces. 

5 comments:

  1. You are my soul mate. I cyberstalked my ex the other day, and got really sad when I saw he'd changed his profile picture to one of him with a woman. I was seconds away from throwing myself out of the window when I realised it was his sister. Panic averted... THIS TIME.

    Charlotte x
    Charlotte's Web

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God, the profile picture change is the worst!! It doesn't even help when you unfriend them because you can still periodically check to see if their profile picture has changed... Right? Or... Is that just me? x

      Delete
    2. Oh that's not just you. We haven't been friends for MONTHS. You and I, however, should be friends. I introduced my housemate to my blog today and she also loves you. MOVE TO LONDON WOULD YOU x

      Delete
    3. I meant to your blog, obviously. God I'm such a narcissist.

      Delete
    4. Have you seen that Aberdeen has been named Most Dismal Town? So I can assure you that I would LOVE to move to London - anything to get away from the constant grey... But alas, there's no rich oil men in London and I feel I should work my way through some of them up here first.

      Also this all cheered me up immensely. I was having a lonely wine drinking night but I'm feeling all happy and squishy now..

      Delete